Whether you’re looking for an upgrade to your old dashcam, or you’re just looking into the market to see what’s the best dashcam to buy, well, look no further. VAVA 2k Dual Dashcam is one the best dual dashcam (or also known as front-rear dashcam).
VAVA 2k Dual Dashcam is equipped with, unsurprisingly, 2 cameras: the front camera & the rear camera. The 2 cameras will start recording as soon as you start the car or a sudden movement to your car (which we’ll discuss about later, so keep reading).
The front camera’s resolution is 2560×1600 pixels with IMX335 imaging sensor, and the rear camera’s resolution is at max 1920×1080 pixels with IMX307 imaging sensor. Video processing is off load to the Amba H22A55 microprocessor, which is one of the best imaging processor out in the market. The quality of both cameras’ recording is top notch: imagine you can read the plate’s number from the rear camera without any problem at all. That’s how good both cameras are.
> A picture tells a thousand words, and a video footage tells a million words. Watch what customers are capturing with the AVA 2k Dual Dashcam.
On the rear side of the dashcam, you’ll notice a 2″ display, which is average size on this kind of camera. The 2″ display has an above average quality, but good enough so you will know what’s going on.
Even though the display shows a picture-in-picture footage, however, the footages from 2 cameras will be placed into 2 different files.
The rear camera exprience
While having the front camera is for the purpose of capturing what’s in front of the car, having the rear camera is another experience.
You may notice that’s most front – rear dash camera on the market has 2 separated cameras, so you can place the front & rear cameras right on the glass of your vehicle. The AVA 2k Dual Dashcam has a different approach: 2 cameras in the same housing. The problem? The car’s rear may obstruct the view from the rear camera. AVA’s solution: increase the resolution to 1080p & equip the best in class imaging sensor & imaging processor.
That will raise another problem: something or someone in the car may obstruct the rear camera. But from my real life experience, that’s hardly the case. Most of the time, there will be nothing to obstruct the rear camera.
Meanwhile, having a rear camera right inside the car may prove another advantage for your experience: you can capture moments inside your car! Yes, this feature, this feature right here, is the one I love the most. I can’t tell how many moments I capture inside the car with my family, my friends & my coworkers. Also, you won’t have to run the wire along the inside of your car.
During our review process, one of our editor saw the Snapshot button that came with the AVA 2k Dual Dashcam, and he said with excitement: This is so thoughtful. And that was exactly our thoughts about this product. The Snapshot button can be used to shoot photo or capture video footage for a short period of time.
Sudden shock or collision trigger
VAVA 2K Dual Dashcam is equipped with a 3 axis G-sensor. This sensor will trigger the AVA 2k Dual Dashcam to turn on when ever a shock / collision happens. The sensitivity of this feature can be configured through the app or on the camera itself. That means you will have evidence of the accident, even you’re not around your car.
The sudden shock or collision trigger will even work even the car is turn off. Thanks to the 320mAh battery built inside. According the AVA, the battery can last up to 7 days in standby mode.
The AVA 2k Dual Dashcam is a Swiss-knife for a dashcam. This dashcam has everything one may need. The qualities of both video footage & build are superb. But the high price may make some customers has a second thought. We think AVA 2k Dual Dashcam is worth your money. Until we have a better dashcam, the AVA 2k Dual Dashcam will hold the best dashcam title.
- 【2K Front & 1080P Cabin Dual Dash Cam】Dash cameras capture every detail of the road in crystal-clear clarity (only front 2560x1440@30fps or front 2560x1440@30fps and rear 1920x1080P@30fps) best choice for Uber, taxis, rideshare or Lyft drivers
- 【Superior Sony Night Vision】Dual industry-leading Sony sensor (front IMX335 rear IMX307), F2. 0 6-glass lens and 4 infrared LEDs take videos and pictures with HD clarity – even clearly capturing license plates at night or in low-light conditions
- 【Easy Video Access】VAVA dedicated app makes it convenient to view, record, download and share your recording on social media; built-in GPS calculates your vehicle’s location, driving route, speed and other information of every journey
- 【24Hr Parking Monitoring】Built-in 320mAh battery dash cam can stay on even when the car is parked and the engine is off, functioning as a surveillance camera system and automatically recording video upon detecting any bumps or physical movement
- 【Smart Witness for Accidents】When the built-in G-sensor detects a sudden shock or collision, the camera will automatically loop record driving incidents and lock video which can be used as important evidence for insurance claims. (Make sure use U3 SD card)